Plans and Musings


I thought a follow-up to my last update was required, so here it is.

I started ADHD coaching, and it's going great. My coach is so insightful, and I'm trying to make changes already. I know I've got a way to go, but I feel like I'm making positive steps.

I also heard back from the referral for an assessment, and I'm now in their system, so I imagine I'll be hearing back again in February-March. It's a long wait, but it is what it is.

I'm still waiting on a few other things to help support people with their mental health so they can get back to work, so we will see how that goes.

Overall though, I am feeling SO much better. I feel like a dark cloud has been lifted from over me, and now I see the future stretching out before me.

So, what does that mean both for my literary career and writing?

Well, I'm starting a proofreading course today, with the aim of launching a proofreading business in the new year.

I've done a little proofreading before and loved it. I feel like it will be a good use of my skills, and also fit in with my interests. 

I've decided to go the self-employed route (rather than applying to publishers etc.) because I want control. One thing I realized is that part of why ghostwriting wasn't working for me anymore was because I didn't have enough control. 

Hopefully with some changes to my routine and mentality, and skills learned in coaching, I can build a successful business while maintaining a better work-life balance, and not end up burned out.

Writing-wise, I'm working on a paranormal romance that I'm really enjoying. I have a vague plan for how the rest of the story goes, so I'm writing happily and seeing where the story takes me.

The story is actually set in the Ancile universe, and that's been making me think a lot about Liches, Legends, and Love. I very much want to finish the story, but I'm wondering if I should work on re-writing it so that it's a paranormal romance, rather than a contemporary fantasy with romantic elements so that it's more in line with my current WIP.

Another question I keep coming back to is what will I do with the story(ies) once they're finished. I'm *trying* to live in the moment, and just enjoy writing, but my mind inevitably goes to "what comes next?"

I LOVE serial web fiction, but it seems not everyone else does, as Liches only had one regular reader. Part of me wondered if it was genre-related, but I was posting to genre-specific sites, like Royal Road, so who knows.

I'm tempted to give serials one last try on Inkett and Ream, but I'd LOVE some feedback.

Who here reads online web fiction? If so, what draws you to a story?

Has anyone published a successful online web fiction? If so, what tips and tricks do you have for me?

That's all I have for today, and lunchtime is almost over, so it's time for me to get into work mode.

I'd love to hear if you've got any news you'd like to share with me.

Until next time.

Stay safe, and keep writing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this entry, and comment. I really appreciate it.