Game On BlogHop


To help Kyra Lennon celebrate the release of the 2nd Edition of Game On, and the new covers it and Blindsided, I'm taking part in her sporting crushes bloghop!

Here are all the details:

The Game On Series is centered around a soccer team in the U.S, and those of you who have already read the books will know the hottie of the series is Radleigh McCoy. (Clare adds that Jesse is a hottie too, and Cassie Mae would agree with me!)

Between October 28th and October 31st, Kyra wants to hear from you about your sporting crushes!

Does David Beckham do it for you? What about swimming sensations Michael Phelps or Rebecca Adlington? When did you first notice your sporting crush, and what do you like best about them? Have you ever been lucky enough to see them in action?

Please keep posts to a maximum of 500 words (this is for my benefit, as I offered Kyra a 10-page essay! :P LOL!).

Yes, of course there are prizes!

1) New paperback copies of Game On and Blindsided
2) E-copies of any of my books (3 winners)
3) A full manuscript edit (2 winners)

Full details, and the linky sign up can be found here.


(I will try to keep this post under 500 words, but I'm making no promises! :P)

Growing up, I always had sporting crushes. Back when I was 14, and still into football (it's not soccer damn it) I amused the footie fans at matches with my love for various players!

Then, in my late teen/ early twenties, I got into WWE wrestling and my obsession began. Over the years, I've had crushes on various superstars, like John Cena, Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, Dolph Ziggler, and even the Undertaker!

Writing fanfic about my favourite wrestlers was how I got back into writing in my twenties, and helped me build the confidence to pursue writing as something more than a hobby. 

And that leads us to today, and my recent (by recent, I mean for the past year!) wrestling crush ....

Roman Reigns!




Excuse me while I sit here and drool for ten minutes!

Roman, along with his Shield team-mates Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose debuted in the WWE almost a year ago at the Survivor Series pay per view, when they interfered in the WWE Championship match. They quickly caught the eye of myself and most of the wrestling community, as badasses fighting against the popular guys, due to the apparent injustice they saw in the WWE.

Some people loved to hate them, and some people cheered them because they were sick of the same top guys always winning. Their brand of justice was infectious, as they took out top guys, including the iconic Undertaker, and became champions when Ambrose won the U.S title on the same night Reigns and Rollins won the tag team titles.

It was impossible not to believe in the Shield. 

Amidst the cheering, and being blown away by the synergy this trio had in the ring, I started to notice Roman ...

The first thing that stood out about him was his tattoos. The Samoan tribal design on his biceps is HOT! Then I noticed more and more things; like the intensity of his eyes. The primal roar he does before the Shield perform their team finisher, the triple powerbomb. The way he flicks his long dark hair back before doing his finishing move, the spear. The way his lip quirks up when he smirks or how he sticks his tongue out during matches.

My obsession grew, and soon I was stalking Tumblr and Twitter. Seeing pictures of Roman outside the ring only made me love him more. His awe at travelling to Tokyo with the WWE was adorable, and discovering he's engaged to his high-school sweet-heart, with whom he has a daughter melted my heart!

Yeah, I've got it bad!

I haven't been lucky enough to meet Roman, sadly, as I haven't been to a WWE event for years. But hopefully I can rectify that in the future. At the very least, I'd love to see him wrestle live!

So, that's my sporting crush! Now I'm going to hop around and read all about yours, make sure you do the same! 


About Game On: 

After swapping her small town life to work for one of the top soccer teams in the U.S, Leah Walker thought she could finally leave the ghosts of her past behind. However, when she meets serial womanizer, Radleigh McCoy, the memories of her old life come swarming back, and she is forced to ask herself whether she has really changed at all. 

Find Game On online: Amazon US | Amazon UK | Smashwords | Goodreads

About Blindsided: 

After a successful first soccer season in L.A, Jesse Shaw heads to London with his best buddy, Hunter, but his world is turned upside down when a dangerous prank threatens his career and his blossoming relationship with Hunter’s cousin, Isabelle. 

 Isabelle Mills lives in Notting Hill with her parents and her twin sister, Georgia. When she finds out her cousin is coming to stay, along with his famous soccer player friend, her first instinct is to hibernate until they’ve gone. However, once she meets Jesse, everything changes. He’s everything she ever wanted, but with so many obstacles in their path, can she really risk putting her heart on the line? 

Find Blindsided online: Amazon US | Amazon UK | Smashwords | Goodreads


12 comments:

  1. Yeah, he's quite hot isn't he? Loving the typo on Chris Jericho's name - you added a 't' :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is very hot! :D

      LOL That's quite amusing, but OCD me had to fix it! ;)

      Delete
  2. Drool away.
    It's still soccer. (Just messing with you!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here. You'll need this towel for the drool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand the drool! Yum! Sounds like a blog hop I'll be wading into just for reading! Good luck ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great bloghop, for a great series, with some great guys (and gals?) to drool over! Winning all around! :D

      Delete
  5. I kind of stopped watching WWE once The Rock left the first time, but I had an obscene crush on him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roman up there is actually the Rock's cousin! ;)

      Delete
  6. I think you restrained yourself quite well there lol! And I agree, he is many levels of gorgeous! <3

    Thanks for joining in with the bloghop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! I did well! :P

      Hell yes, he is lovely! <3

      My pleasure! :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read this entry, and comment. I really appreciate it.