An update, of sorts.

As you may have noticed, I haven't updated my web fiction, LICHES, LEGENDS, AND LOVE in about a month.

The truth is, I SUCK at deadlines. 

But that's not entirely my fault. 

I suspect I have ADHD but the road to diagnosis is long, especially in the UK where I am (thanks Tories), so until then I'm stuck with this horrible, debilitating condition that stops me from doing things even when I love them.

Couple that with working as a ghostwriter, home-schooling my son, supporting my husband in the first year of his own business, and a whole host of other issues, and well, sometimes things get pushed to the wayside.

Sadly, one of those things is fiction writing. Right now, I only have it in me to focus on my paid projects. And yes, I could self-publish on Amazon and earn money that way. But self-publishing comes with other responsibilities ghostwriting doesn't *cough* marketing *cough* and often pays much less, unfortunately. 

ADHD is also a funny little condition where motivation and passion for things comes and goes. Sometimes I can be obsessed with writing, and throw myself head first into it, focusing on nothing else. Whereas at other times, writing is as about as much appeal as eating a wet sock.

While that certainly does explain why I have so many half-finished projects, it doesn't get me any closer to my publishing goals and actually makes me feel like a failure.

All I can do until I get a diagnosis and treatment (I'm going to be looking into ADHD coaches next week, so hopefully *that* will help) is go where the motivation takes me.

Currently, that's to two places:

1. Removing All It Takes from Amazon, and serializing it on Radish. I desperately want to make a serial web fiction work, and given both the popularity of contemporary romance on Radish, and the fact it's complete, All It Takes seems like the best choice.

2. Finishing off my co-written wrestling-themed contemporary romance with Kyra Lennon. The story is 90% written, and just needs an ending and all that good promo stuff like a cover and a blurb. Plus, having someone else to keep me in check helps with accountability, so I *should* be able to meet any deadlines Kyra and I set.

So for the foreseeable future, that's where I'm at writing-wise. I am putting Liches, Legends and Love on hiatus (I'm still deciding if I want to take it offline completely), I've dropped out of the Witch Queens collection, and I will only be focusing on projects I feel I can accomplish right now.

Along with the two projects I mentioned above, I have a contractual agreement with my ghostwriting client to write three more books for them, which should take me until the end of 2023. Hopefully, by then, I will have made some progress with the ADHD situation and can reassess what I want to do about my own writing.

Thanks for your continued love, support and encouragement.

Until next time, stay safe, and write on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this entry, and comment. I really appreciate it.