WIP Joy Challenge - Day Seventeen: I Love The Way I Depict My Characters Because ...

For the month of January, I'll be taking part in the WIP Joy Challenge, created by Bethany A. Jennings (found via a share from Adam.C.Macdonald).


They're real!

I hope readers will connect with Jade and think "this could be me/ someone I know."

I want her words, actions and emotions to resonate with readers, so they feel what she feels. 

An example of that is this scene:

I woke up with the worst headache I’d ever had in my life. My mouth felt like it was filled with cotton wool, and my eyelids were stuck together. I forced my eyes open, and looked around.
I was lying in a strange bed, in a room I didn’t recognize.
Images of the night before flicked through my mind, and I saw the two guys who’d obviously slipped something into my drink, and then tried to take me from the club. 
Hot claws gripped my body, and I threw off the bed covers. Leaping to my feet, I found I was still fully clothed apart from my shoes, which had been placed neatly on the floor at the foot of the bed. 
My heart hammered, and I creeped from the room. As I stepped out into the hall, I heard snoring coming from the room where the door was half open. 
Terrified of what I’d discover if I looked in, but desperate to know whose house I was at, I peered around the door. 


1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to read this entry, and comment. I really appreciate it.