50 k Breached!

So, I've been away for a while, haven't I?

We went down to Southampton for my dad's wedding, and after that I didn't feel like writing for a few days, as I re-cooperated.

Gotten back on track the last couple of days however, and have been managing to write a couple of thousand words a day, meaning I've finally surpassed the fifty thousand word mark. And about time too, as my thirty days of "Na No" ends tonight!!

As it stands currently, according to the Open Office word count (it varies on online word counters, though they're all over 50k now) I'm on 53, 977!!

I'm pleased with that, though I wish it could have been higher.


The plan now is to get the story finished. I'm about half-way I should imagine, and just setting up the pieces for the first major twist.

Once the first draft is complete, who knows … ?

I also have Destiny's Road and I'm honestly unsure which novel I'll want to begin redrafting first. I guess I'll get to that after Christmas though, once I've had a break from writing.

Thank you, to the people who have been reading and commenting on this blog, for all the support. It means a lot to me to know people are interested in what I'm writing, and I hope you all stick with me as I finish Sibylline Nights and then begin re-drafting both that and Destiny's Road.

I'll be back in a few days with another up date on how my continual work on Sibylline Nights is going, but for now I'll leave you with this excerpt:

As Tasha and Yuri headed towards the bar, Vance announced he had to visit the bathroom, and Esmee was left on her own, with only a snogging Parker and Harper for company. Not that she minded. Another of her favourite songs had just started to play, and she was happy enough dancing alone.

However, not long after Vance had disappeared in the direction of the toilets, Esmee felt a presence behind her and a gentle tap on her shoulder. She span around to see Sebastian grinning at her sheepishly.

"Mind if I join you? I'm getting sick of having my arse kicked at pool."

"Go right ahead," Esmee replied, scooting back a little to allow him space on the dance-floor.

Sebastian stood in front of her, and as she continued moving to the music, he tapped his feet and swayed uneasily on the spot.


"You need to loosen up," Esmee stated with a barely disguised giggle, closing the gap between the two of them and placing her hands on Sebastian's hips. "Like this."

Guiding him, Esmee moved Sebastian with the music, pressing her own hips against his as they swayed in time to the beat together.

A blush crept up and coloured Sebastian's cheeks as Esmee felt the heat in her body rise and her pulse rate quicken.

Sebastian laid his heavy hands on her shoulders, bringing them yet closer still, as Esmee guided him in the dance.

"That's it," she said with an encouraging smile, her warm breath tickling his cheek as she spoke.

"You're a good teacher," he replied, so close that she could feel his lips almost on her neck, as he whispered in her ear.

The melody of the song faded into another, and still they remained joined together, rocking their hips in time to the beat, and utterly unaware of their surroundings.


Sebastian's arms snaked from Esmee's shoulders to run up and down her back, and then into her long red hair, as she laid her head against his chest, and listened to his heart beating thunderously.

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to read this entry, and comment. I really appreciate it.