Two Days In

So, I'm two days into NaNoWriMo, and already on 5, 110 words, which is my target for three days. That's lucky, as I don't know if I'm going to get the chance to write tomorrow. We've gotta run some errands, and take Nathan to the dentist.

But I digress, this is a NaNo blog!

I'm greatly enjoying the process so far. I've never written anything original of this length before. I usually focus on fan fiction. And, although I have started two original pieces (one I quite like, and plan on continuing and one that needs a LOT of work), this one just clicks. I love the world I've created, and Forbe despite his flaws seems like a fun main character. I'm in love with him already. He's so sweet, and naive and child-like still. ♥

Plus, I'm surprising myself by what's coming out of my fingers. I have a vague plot outline, and some details of the back-story, but when I begin writing it just seems to flow from me, and I'm left wondering where all that came from.

I love it. Although I've gotten back into fan fiction this year, I haven't felt this inspired for ages. I can really see myself completing the 50, 000 words, and then some. I honestly think this story could be massive.

And who am I to complain? If the muse is sticking around, I'm going to cherish it.

I think now is a good time for lunch, and so I will leave it here. I'm gonna grab some food, and play a little of the WWE SmackDown game.

2 comments:

  1. You and I write in similar ways. I tend to write an outline, then a brief chapter outline and then I just write. I feel too blocked in if I try and plan every element (including character traits) beforehand!!

    This has made me wanna do more writing now hehe. Wanna hit 15,000 by the end of this week (yeah right lmao)

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I really struggle with too much detail in my plans and outlines. I feel I write best when it just comes to me, and that's how its been going so far. I have an idea what I want to happen in a given chapter, but then I let it flow from there. I'm pleasantly suprised with what's been coming out so far.

    Aren't you on like 12, 000 already? I think I'll be on 11, 000, at least by Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this entry, and comment. I really appreciate it.