September did not go remotely to plan.
Between recovering from a stomach virus, adjusting to Youngest starting college, an unexpected trip to A&E after experiencing dizziness and numbness, my mom being hospitalised following complications from chemotherapy, and then catching a particularly unpleasant cold, most of the month was spent dealing with health issues rather than writing.
Unsurprisingly, my productivity took a hit — but September wasn’t completely devoid of creative progress.
I still managed to add around 2,000 words to To Burn Beside You, revise ten chapters of Kiss Me After The Kill, and enter my first pitch contest with Tea Leaves, Pages and Starlight. The story received two requests, and although neither ultimately progressed further, the experience gave me the push I needed to finish my query letter and synopsis and start thinking seriously about querying again in the new year.
I’ve also been making plans for the months ahead. October will mostly be devoted to finishing the Kiss Me After The Kill revisions, while Fridays are reserved for keeping up with Magic, Dreams and a Place to Belong. Then in November, I’ll be diving back into To Burn Beside You for Novel-November.
There are also plenty of Ream developments on the horizon, including group promos, free chapters of Magic, Dreams and a Place to Belong, and an upcoming author swap.
So while September was very much the month everything ground to a halt, I’m ending it feeling much more hopeful about October — and very ready to get back to creating.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to read this entry, and comment. I really appreciate it.