Wings Witches and Wonder Chapter Four Preview, and NaNoWriMo

Hey all,

I have a little sneak peek of chapter four of WINGS, WITCHES AND WONDER for you all ahead of its release on Friday.

-- I wanted to get dressed and rush to Chanctonbury Ring there and then, but I knew my duties to the Ancile and my promise to Janine came first. Plus, after the way Janine’s father had reacted the previous day, I’d never forgive myself if he did something to prevent his daughter from getting the help she wanted, and I wasn’t there to stop him.

Soon, I whispered on the wind, hoping that the alabaster man heard my promise.

I headed through to the ensuite bathroom to shower, and then after getting dressed, I made my way downstairs to the hotel restaurant for breakfast.

By nine a.m., I’d already had a large fried breakfast with sausage and bacon, as well as a stack of blueberry pancakes drenched in butter and syrup, and consumed four cups of tea. Using my abilities always made me hungry, but I was jittery too. 

On edge.

I wanted to go straight to the Goddard house and check if Janine was okay, but I knew showing up early might only antagonize her father.

So, instead, I did the only sensible thing I could do. I called Joseph. --

We're getting closer to Maddie actually going to Chanctonbury Ring, but first, one last visit to Janine.

If you want to read Wings, Witches and Wonder, chapter-by-chapter each week, you can do so on ReamStories for just $5 a month. The money will support me as a writer, and enable me to produce things like paperbacks.

Head over to ReamStories for full details of the tiers and perks I offer.

I'm taking a small writing break for the rest of the month, both so that I can focus a little more time on my proofreading course, but also because I have decided to devote ALL of November to completing Wings, Witches and Wonder by taking part in NaNoWriMo.

For those who don't know NaNoWriMo is a yearly event (with two camps in the summer) where writers come together, either online or in-person to write 50k in one month. Some do this by writing about 1500 words a day, others do bigger chunks to fit in with their lives/free time. But the basic aim is to use the month to get into a writing habit, make writing your focus and by writing 50k you get a jump start on a story.

Usually, participants write the beginning of their stories in NaNoWriMo, but I'm rebelling a little by already having 45k written. My aim is to add an extra 50k to what I already have, which will bring Wings, Witches and Wonder to ~95k and complete the story.

With the story complete, I can focus on editing the weekly chapters, getting the whole book ready for publication on Amazon etc. and working on book two of the Ancile Series.

If you're interested in following my progress, my NaNoWriMo profile can be found here. And if you're a fellow writer taking part, I'd love to add you as a buddy so we can cheer each other on.

That's all for now, but I'll be back on Friday with chapter four!

Until then, stay safe and read on.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this entry, and comment. I really appreciate it.