Camp NaNoWriMo July 18: Week One Update


The first week of July's Camp NaNoWriMo has finished, and I'm slightly ahead of my self-set target of 5k words per week. 

This time around I'm only writing Monday to Friday, and taking weekends off, for the sake of my own sanity. Though I did take Thursday off this week (as I wasn't in a good headspace) and instead made up my word count on Saturday afternoon. That's it for this weekend though, once I've finished this post I plan on spending the rest of my weekend playing Elder Scrolls Online! 

The highlight of the week was an unexpected twist near the end of act two. I have a loose chapter plan and I know how I want the end to play out, but I still have some blanks on the way there. This was one of these blanks. Recently, I'd decided to give my healing witch Esmee an additional ability, and this manifested towards the end of act two, with some interesting consequences, which led to me writing one of my favourite chapters to date. I have one more chapter in act two to write, and I have a plan in mind for that. Then I'm moving onto act three, for which I have a handful of chapters in mind ... then nothing for nine chapters, until I start building towards the climax. So it will be interesting to see where the majority of act three takes me.

I'll be back next week to update on my week two progress, but if you want daily updates, check out social media.

Until next week, take care and have a great week ahead!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this entry, and comment. I really appreciate it.