WIP Joy Challenge - Day Twenty-Eight: Protagonists, What Are You Self-Conscious About?

For the month of January, I'll be taking part in the WIP Joy Challenge, created by Bethany A. Jennings (found via a share from Adam.C.Macdonald).

(Please note, as this is protagonist takeover week, all posts are written by my age-gap romance protagonist Jade Landon). 


I wasn't self-conscious about anything, really, until me and Seth got together. 

Now I worry about my age, and what people think when they see us together. 

Do I dress and act too immaturely? Do people wonder what he's doing with someone like me, when he used to be married to a model? 

Does Seth compare me to his ex-wife?

I've only slept with two people, and though Seth had been married for twenty years, he's still considerably older than me and had been the lead singer of one of England’s most popular rock bands. 

I’m sure he has way more experience than I do. What if he has certain … expectations?

The story Courtney sold to the paper hasn't help either. Now I wonder if people think I'm only with Seth for his money.

I know I should only care about what those closest to us think, and mostly I do, but sometimes it's hard to shut out those doubts and insecurities. 

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to read this entry, and comment. I really appreciate it.