Working Wednesday: No Longer an Intern and WiP Snippet, plus bonus pictures!



Afternoon all! Hope your week is going wonderfully so far.

I'm here for another instalment of Working Wednesday;   
where I update about my current work in progress, and whatever other projects I have going on; including my internship at Curiosity Quills.

But first of all, thanks to all those who stopped by my two Memorable Mondays posts - New Writer, Free Story, Author Relief Fund and New Soul Album and



I am no longer an intern at Curiosity Quills ... because now I'm a fully fledged member of the team. I'm staying on in my position of social media representative, as well as taking on a few additional duties including updating the CQ Wattpad, Goodreads and emailing industry contacts. 

There's a lot currently going on behind the scenes at Curiosity Quills, including a really great contest, an awesome giveaway and a summer sale. Be sure to follow/ like the CQ Facebook, Twitter and Googe+ pages for updates, links to content and daily discussions. 


As I'm still navigating revisions land, I haven't really got much of an update about my WiP to share with you, so instead I thought I'd share a little excerpt from the first chapter instead. Enjoy.

    "I was having a great time, living it up in the VIP area, drinking Champagne and dancing with my new co-workers, but with every song, every sip of alcohol, my heart hammered a little harder. I could feel the beat pumping through my body, at first energizing me, but as one song blurred into another the excitement turned to panic. Where had all these people come from? Why did I feel like I was tripping my ass off and the room was tilting on an axis? Strobe lights flashed above, making my colleagues’ bodies flicker and judder, as mine moved of its own volition. My head reeled as the bass vibrated through me, making my chest ache and my breath come in ragged gasps. I was overheating and my body felt weak. My head swam and my vision became soft around the edges. 
    But I’d only had a couple of glasses of Champagne …"

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it, and as a parting gift, here are some Polyvore style sheets I made of main character Roxie.


Please check back on Friday, where I'll be taking part in The Cephalopod Coffeehouse Book Club over on my personal blog, and discussing my thoughts on Spook's: Alice (Wardstone Chronicles #12) by Joseph Delaney.

22 comments:

  1. Congratulations on becoming a member of the team! I'm hoping to get an internship at a literary agency soon, but I hear it's quite hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I think it depends on where you're looking for an internship with; the bigger publishers are going to be harder.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your new position! And on making a little progress on your WIP. Every little bit helps and soon you'll have made great strides.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your WIP and Polyvore pictures. Congrats on becoming a full fledged member of the CQ team. *Virtual confetti*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheena-kay! Hope you liked the snippet. :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on completing your internship! My CP Krystalyn Drown is one of your authors, and I thought CQ did a tremendous job on her book, LEGASEA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dianne. I know of Krystalyn Drown, in face I was linking to a review of Legasea yesterday. :D

      Delete
  5. Woo-hoo! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you with your new position. And you're writing. Awesome week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! I'm excited to share some writing with you soon, hopefully. :D

      Delete
  6. Full time member - that's awesome, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on getting hired! That's awesome news.

    Loved the excerpt. Sounds like someone ended up with a drug or something in her drink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. And thank you for the comment on the excerpt, glad you liked it. :D

      Delete
  8. Good for you!! Congrats on getting picked up on the team.

    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the wardrobe choices. Yes, please. I'll take one of each of those outfits. Especially the shoes. Gotta have the shoes! Adorable.

    Great snippet Clare! I felt woozy right along with her. Did someone put something in her drink? Or is she losing it? Maybe you could post a little more... Don't keep us hanging now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! :D

      So glad you liked the wardrobe choices and snippet. I will say nothing about if Roxie was drugged or not ...
      Perhaps I'll post a little more next Wednesday! ;)

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on the new position, sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very happy for you! Glad you're making it in the position you love. It is so hard to do as much on your WIP when so much else is going on, but I wish us both great productivity in that. Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Nancy, and thank you for the words of encouragement, :D

      Delete
  11. Congrats on moving up from the internship!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this entry, and comment. I really appreciate it.