Competition Is a Good Thing.

WOW. I can't believe its been almost a week since I updated here, last. Admittedly, I didn't do much writing this week until Wednesday, though, due to real life commitments.

Anyway, as my subject title suggests ... Competition. Since almost the start of NaNoWriMo, a friend of mine, Rae, and I have been competing to see who can get the most words written on any given day. She's been busy this week, with work, and Uni course-work, but last week we were racing each other to see who reached 20k first.

There's something to be said about having a little healthy competition, and I know my little race with Rae has really spurred me on. Its fun, having someone there challenging you, and making you push that little harder. And, at the end of the day, it benefits us both, as we're working hard to boost our word count.

To that ends, I  hit 30k this week. Today, I wrote 1,973 words - and introduced an important secondary character - and have an accumulative total of 33, 290 words.

WOW. Its scary to think I'm just under 17, 000 words away from 'winning' NaNoWriMo.

Unless something horrible happens *touch wood* I know I'll have 50k by the end of November. As to finishing the actual Novel, I think I'll be working on that well into December.  I would say I'm just over a third of the way into the overall story, and guesstimate the overall word count will be somewhere near 90k! (WOWZER!)

Hopefully, I can reach 40k by the end of Sunday, and then I will have just ten thousand to do in the final week. Easy, right?

2 comments:

  1. You're doing soooo well *applauds* I'm jealous, in the best possible way. I'm also in that 'how do I write this chapter' part of my story, which is reaaaally hampering me! Gnrgh!

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Rach!

    Oh, I hate those 'how do I write this chapter' part of the story. I hope you're able to work through it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this entry, and comment. I really appreciate it.