ADHD Brains Are Wacky


Hello!

If you've been a follower of my blog for any amount of time, you will know by now that I have a habit of announcing something, doing it for a few months, stopping, and vanishing. Rinse and repeat.

We're only three months into the year, and already I feel like I've changed my plans and goals a million times!

If it's confusing for you, how do you think it feels to be *me*?

I'm *trying* to be more consistent, or at least, I'm trying not to over-share/ over-promise on things I later go back on. It's tough, you know.

It isn't helped by the fact I believe I also have PMDD (think PSM on steroids, where you hate *everything*.) And yes, I know it seems like I have a bunch of health issues. Because I *do* have a bunch of health issues. And I'm not going to stop talking about them. They're part of me, but also, I hope that by sharing, I can help others who are experiencing similar things by letting them know they're not alone.

Anyway, as I was saying, this year already feels like a bunch of changes in direction. The problem is, when I make these blogs, I mean everything I say at the time. I can't help it that I feel differently a few weeks or months later.

And don't tell me *not* to share my excitement for a new project/ idea/ what-have-you, because that's like asking me not to breathe! :P

Along with ADHD and PMDD comes a fluctuating motivation/ desire for all things writing-related. Sometimes I can't ever imagine *not* writing. I eat, sleep, breathe, writing. 

Then *bam* I'm over it. I can't even bear looking at the computer. I'm never writing again.

It's infuriating and has caused me a lot of heartache. I want to do the things I say I'm going to do and live without regret for the things I didn't do.

I don't want to look back on my life in a year, five years, ten years ... and think "Oh, I wish I had done more of this. Or less of this."

Writing is a BIG part of that. I don't want to think I'm never going to release another book. But I'm also very aware of the times I've spoken about a project, started serializing a new novel idea, etc. and then just *stopped*. 

My poor PC is like a graveyard of half-finished stories. And 90% of them I do love and want to go back to in the future. It's just that, like I said, ADHD Brains Are Wacky.

I know this post is long and rambly, but what I am trying to say, I guess, is don't give up on me. Please. Don't forget about me and my stories. Even if I don't always deliver on my promises. 

Until next time. Take care, and keep reading and writing.

T.T.F.N.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this entry, and comment. I really appreciate it.