April IWSG: Onward and Upwards


Wednesday 2nd April means it's time for April's Insecure Writer's Support Group

Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds! 

Posting: The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. Post your thoughts on your own blog. Talk about your doubts and the fears you have conquered. Discuss your struggles and triumphs. Offer a word of encouragement for others who are struggling. Visit others in the group and connect with your fellow writer - aim for a dozen new people each time. 

Let’s rock the neurotic writing world!

Our Twitter hashtag is #IWSG 

This month, I'm one of the IWSG co-hosts for the April 2 posting, along with Hart Johnson, Chemist Ken, Candilynn Fite, Terri Rochenski, Lilica Blake and of course Ninja Captain Alex

Make sure you head on over to each of the co-hosts' blogs and show them some love!

--

I thought long and hard about my insecurity for April, and I'm happy to say, I just haven't got one ... I'm in a good place with my writing right now. 

I've managed to find a good balance between work and writing, which has allowed me to finish the first draft of my NA urban-fantasy, paranormal-romance The Order of the Ancile: Book One (I totes need an actual title!)

I'm now headed to revisions land, but I'm not as daunted by the prospect as I have been with previous projects.

The encouragement I got on my January IWSG post is still motivating me, along with the support of my hubby and beta readers. :)

So instead, I want to offer support and encouragement to those who are struggling this month, and I'll be trying to visit as many new blogs as possible.

If you've got something on your mind, please feel free to leave a comment or point me in the direction of your blog, and I'll come pay a visit, and bring some words of encouragement. 

I'll end this post with inspirational, motivational graphics.

Good luck to everyone in their writing endeavors this month! ^_^












34 comments:

  1. Hi Clare.
    Thanks for those lovely motivational quotes.
    And thank you for co-hosting the IWSG this month!
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by, Michelle! Glad you liked the quotes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to hear you're insecurity free.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel very motivated now! I actually think Book One is a great title - I might use that myself one day for a standalone book (because I don't write series) and watch everyone get really confused :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love quotes! And it's wonderful for a change to hear that someone is having a good month. Keep it Upl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the motivational quotes. Really need it today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I want to leave here feeling as though I've contracted a virus, but a positivity inducing one rather than mucus. :)

    Great to hear of your present state, may it remain. X

    shahwharton.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great place to be, Clare! That sounds great! Keep inspiring!
    Thanks for co-hosting today!

    Heather M. Gardner
    The Waiting is the Hardest Part
    Stormy's Sidekick
    Blogging from A to Z April Challenge Co-Host

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you're in a good place. I've been writing long enough now to gain some confidence, too. It'll never be insecurity-free, but it's a nice place to be.

    Thanks for co-hosting. :)
    IWSG #243, until Alex culls the list again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great quote by Tolkien. Although some of us might wonder if we're lost...
    Finding balance is so important. Enjoy the groove, Clare.
    And thanks for co-hosting today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome, I'm glad you're in a good place with your writing! I love the quotes - I definitely need them this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Clare! It's nice to meet a fellow romance writer! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Love the quotes! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey fellow co-host Clare! You beat me to the punch. :) This is a great post and I like the inspirational images you put up. I may even save one or two for myself when I need a little extra 'push'. Thanks again for visiting my blog this morning; no doubt we'll 'meet' again. Have a great day. Lily-Eva

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Clare. It's a great feeling when you find a good balance between work and writing. Thanks for sharing the quotes, and thanks for co-hosting IWSG.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for co-hosting along with me, and thanks too for those quotes!!! Always a great boost this time of the month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to hear you're in a good place in your writing. Finding a good balance is not always easy. Thanks for co-hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bravo, Clare! You're in a good place and that's awesome. Stay there! Thanks for co-hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pleased you don't have any insecurities at the moment.
    I enjoyed the 'sayings'.
    Thank you for your comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay! I love that you're in that happy place where things are good. You have to revel in those moments and totally live them up. With cheese. Would you like a wedge?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love all your quotes. Glad to read that you're in a good place in your writing career. I'm at Play off the Page. Go. Create. Inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  21. GOOD for you Clare!! I'm excited to hear what a good place you are in right now.That in itself is SO encouraging. God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How cool to say you have no insecurities. My happiness for you is tinged green. Me, I have the next four drafted out, ready to go. I am not sure I'll ever run out!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's cool that you're in a good place with your writing. I joined IWSG far too long after I lost my support at home. When I started editing, by happy accident, I got more support for the time I spend online book blogging, but not for writing. Even though I formed a critique group for that, it's not the same. So count your blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Glad to hear you have no insecurities this month! Good luck with your revisions :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's good that you have no insecurities this month.We'll see what you have to say next month. Writing is such a rollercoaster ride! Thanks for co-hosting the IWSG today.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Loooooove those quotes! And I'm so glad you're in such a great place. Thanks for co-hosting this month!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy for you "no insecurities" wahoo. I hope I find that place one day in my writing. I loved the little saying you pinned. Thanks for co-hosting.

    Juneta at Writer's Gambit

    ReplyDelete
  28. No use standing on the sidelines and watching things happen, especially when you're in a good space to make them happen. Lovely post of encouragement. Life is for the living, so take a big breath and just do it already :)

    MJ, A to Z Challenge Co-Host
    Writing Tips
    Effectively Human
    Lots of Crochet Stitches

    ReplyDelete
  29. Glad to hear you are in a good space these days. Awesome. Loving those quotes, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. So happy that you've found a balance and things are going well for you. :) Great job co-hosting today.

    P.S. What did you think of the finale of The Walking Dead?!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for cohosting! I'm so happy you're in a good place with your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Revision land is a good place. Happy belated IWSG day!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I used to love revising, but my current novel is busting me up! I thought I was done, sent it to five beta readers, have three comments back to read, and already I see the holes they have found. I'm grateful for them being found before I go to press, but it's a bit daunting to know I still have more to do...Thanks for co-hosting this month on IWSG!

    ReplyDelete
  34. It's wonderful that your writing is where you want it. Best of luck with your revisions. I'm on the last round of revising my current YA and hope to submit it soon, if my crit partners will stop finding places that need "fixing."
    Thanks for co hosting the hop this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this entry, and comment. I really appreciate it.