More Than Just A Kiss blogfest


A kiss, when all is said, what is it? 'Tis a secret told to the mouth instead of to the ear.” ~ Edmond Rostand 

The wonderful Cecilia Robert and Christine Rains would like to invite you to the MORE THAN JUST A KISS blogfest!

Sweet, sizzling, fiery, awkward, mind-blowing. They want to read your kissing scenes.

The rules are simple:
1. Sign up on the linky list and post the badge on your blog.
2. On one of the days of the week of September 9th, post a kissing scene on your blog. It can be either fiction or non-fiction.
3. Please do not exceed 250 words.
4. This is a blogfest, so visit the other participants and have fun!

But wait! This is more than a blogfest.

They're offering prizes!

The scenes will be judged by these amazing romance authors: Cecilia Robert, Laurelin Paige, Kyra Lennon, and Christine Rains. They will choose three posts to win these awesome prizes.

Prize 1 - A critique of a kissing/intimate scene from your WIP (not exceeding ten pages). Critiques will be done by Cecilia Robert, Kyra Lennon, and Christine Rains.

Prize 2 - A critique of a kissing/intimate scene from your WIP (not exceeding five pages). This critique will be done by Laurelin Paige and Christine.

Prize 3 - A critique of a kissing/intimate scene from your WIP (not exceeding one page). This critique will be done by Cecilia and Christine.

BONUS PRIZES:
Cecilia, Kyra, Laurelin, and Christine will each choose one of our favorites to give out some fantastic ebooks.
CeciliaTRULY MADLY DEEPLY YOU and REAPER'S NOVICE.
Kyra - IF I LET YOU GO
Laurelin - FIXED ON YOU 
Christine – All six volumes of the 13th Floor series.


And here is my entry, taken from my current WiP, untitled paranormal-romance. 

“Are you asking me if I’m ready to stop resisting?” Sol ran his thumb across my bottom lip. 
“I am. If tonight’s taught me anything it’s that life is too short.” 
“Yeah?” Even in the dim lamplight I could see the smile on his lips; those gorgeous lips I wanted to crush mine against. 
“Yeah,” I said wrapping my arms around his neck, and finally giving into the desire to run my fingers through his hair.  
“Are you sure you’re ready for this?” he asked, pushing his weight gently against me. We were so close now his hot breath tickled my face.  
“Why don’t I give you a hint?” I used my left hand to tilt his face towards mine, and ran my tongue over his bottom lip. 
In reply, Sol captured my lips with his, and pushed me down into the bed. His tongue explored my mouth, as I pulled the band from his hair, and splayed it over his shoulders.  
The hairs of his goatee tickled my face as our lips melded together, and my hands wondered down the hard planes of his chest. I came to a stop at the hem of his shirt, and ventured underneath it; relishing the feel of his taut muscles under my fingertips.  
We broke apart both breathing heavily and Sol shuffled back from me, though his hands never left where they rested on my waist.  
“I guess that settles it then,” he said huskily, leaving a lingering kiss on my lips.

I hope you enjoyed that little snippet, and if you're so inclined, please check back on Wednesday for another Working Wednesday post


21 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!! :) Hot. Sol, oh Sol *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cecilia! Glad you enjoyed my scene, and my love interest. :D

      Delete
  2. Excellent work!! I love the gentleness of the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I guess that settles it then" is a great line and finish to this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very nice! Great tease, left me wondering what happened before that scene and what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have some competition for Sol! ;o) as I said on Facebook, very enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steamy! Love a guy with long hair, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! I love the tension that's still taut even with that great last line. More, please! :) Thank you for participating in the blogfest and doing all the promoting for it. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hot! An interesting pair of characters.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Second M. Pax and Alex. What a make-out showdown.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You certainly know how to end with the tension high....

    ReplyDelete
  11. 'Leaving a lingering kiss' - what happens next? Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That last line, "I guess that settles it then" is a winner. Says so much in so few words.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That last line ... fantastic!

    I just love the goatee detail, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hot! An interesting pair of characters.

    parisfan_ca@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was very passionate.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is where a PG would change scenes. :) Loved it. X

    Shah

    http://bit.ly/181Fh15

    ReplyDelete
  17. That kiss settled something that has been in the air between these two... a confirmation of something unspoken...?
    And hints at more to come... ooooh... nice tease...
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this entry, and comment. I really appreciate it.