Last week I was awarded the One Lovely Blog Award by Carrie-Anne. Thank you, Carrie-Anne!
To accept the award, I have to write seven facts about myself, so here goes:
1. As a child I had imaginary friends called Emma and Eric. When my mum found out the baby she was expecting was a girl, she and my dad wanted to name her Emma. I protested saying there couldn't be two Emmas in the family. My younger sister is called Lisa.
2. I've been abroad four times in my life, once to Yugoslavia, which is now known as Serbia and Montenegro. I don't remember much about the holiday, as I was three years-old, but my mum has a picture of me wearing a massive wooden mask.
3. As a teen I was obsessed with the Brit-pop band Blur, and even wrote to lead singer Damon Albarn asking him to sign the picture I'd sent. He did so, and the signed picture took pride of place on my wall for many years. I unfortuately lost it when I moved house though.
4. I've - thankfully - never broken a bone in my body. Though I did have to have surgery as a child for a Hiatus hernia.
5. My oldest son was due on my twentieth birthday. The considerate boy was born a week early, so I could still go out with my friends for a few hours and celebrate.
6. I'm not allergic to any food, though I do have an aversion to sea food, especially prawns (shrimp). Their little eyes creep me the heck out!
7. I have my lip pierced. During my late teens, I went through a Goth phase and getting my lip pierced was one of the things I did, along with dying my hair black, and wearing white face make up. Surprisingly, it didn't hurt at all, though the anaesthetic almost made me sick, and caused me to drool everywhere on the bus home! Though I dress a little more 'normally' now, I still have my lip piercing, as it's part of me.
I pass this award onto the following fabulous people:
In other news, Hubby started reading through Cupid for me; we had a massive discussion on Friday, and worked out all the kinks for the ending. I'm so excited about what we came up with, it's gonna be awesome. Getting back to my read through today. So far, I've changed tense and made minor corrections to 37,993 our of 67, 733 words, and one of my CPs has read through seven chapters, so everything is progressing nicely.
Thanks to everyone who commented on my new personal blog, The Life and Loves of Clare Dugmore - I'll probably have another update later this week. :D
Also, before I go, can I please remind everyone about Jessa Russo's Ghosts and the Girls Who Love Them bloghop. It ends on October 15th, and my entry can be seen here. Please check it out, and vote for me if you haven't already.
Finally, what do you all think of my new header. I made it using vector stock from Vector Open Stock and love it. Isn't it pretty?
Hope everyone has a great week, I'll try to get around to as many blogs as possible during the week.