Six Sentence Sunday: 02.09.2012

 
I'm here today with the 6 Sentence Sunday (weekly) bloghop hosted by Sara Brookes.

But first, I'd like to thank not only everyone who commented on my six sentences last week, the feedback was really encouraging, but also those who congratulated me on hitting 65k on Cupid; the support is always appreciated. Thank you.

The idea of 6 Sentence Sunday is pretty simple really: Pick six (6) sentences from anything you like (it can be from a Work in Progress (WiP), something you recently sold, something you hope to sell or even something already under contract and available for purchase – and don’t worry, Six Sentence Sunday is for published AND unpublished writers). Then post them on your blog on Sunday. That’s all there is to it! (for the full rules/ FAQ see here.)

For today's 6 Sentence Sunday, I'm once again sharing lines from my current WiP, NA paranormal romance, Cupid.

The normally bright blue sky was inky, with grey clouds gathering to block out a weak, pale red sun.

The buildings had all transformed.

Instead of the brightly coloured, jewel encrusted Cupid homes I was used to; pointed and spired obsidian obelisks rose from the ground.

The lush vegetation and flora had been replaced with twisting, gnarled and blackened leafless trees, and the flowers looked sinister in unusual colours - acid green, fierce orange, blood red and deep purple.

In the distance I saw a large palace, made up of many twisting spires, one jutting from the next, illuminated from behind by the dying sun.

I knew that castle, and at that moment I wanted nothing more than to run to it, because I knew all I'd ever need was there.

I hope you enjoyed my six sentences, and please check out the other participants here.

I'll likely be back next Sunday with another six sentences, and don't forget tomorrow kicks of GUTGAA.


2 comments:

  1. Ooh great six sentences, sounds interesting! I love the description :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura, glad you enjoyed my six. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read this entry, and comment. I really appreciate it.