Titles and Covers.

So, I hit forty-thousand words yesterday, and with my goal of 1, 500 words a day from now on, I aim to reach the magical fifty-thousand by the weekend (barring a break to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows with my sister.)

And even though I'm a long way off finishing the actual story (I'd say I'm maybe half way there), this got me thinking about titles and covers.

Rae mentioned in one of her recent blog posts about having her previously written novella printed off soon, and she had the cover she's designed for it up on her FaceBook. It looks amazing!

So, being the graphic artist that I am (well, I try at least, I'm no where near as good as some people), I decided to design my own cover.

My first stumbling block was a title. Up until the weekend my novel was still untitled. Its now tentatively called "Destiny's Road". I hate it. I really dislike the word destiny, and how its used in fantasy. But, its the only title that seemed to be sticking. So, for now, it stays.

I'm also not really happy with any of the six covers I've designed. Some of my favourite fantasy books have gorgeous covers, and I've tried to emanate them, without directly ripping them off. I think they still need polishing, but its a start.

Anyway, here they are for your enjoyment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this entry, and comment. I really appreciate it.