August 2020 Update

It's been a while, and I have some free time right now, so I thought an update was in order.

How is everyone doing? I hope you're all well in these strange times. If you ever need someone to talk to, know you can always get in touch with me on here or social media. 

I'm doing surprisingly well, given the state of the world. Of course, there are some worries (my son goes back to school soon, and I have older relatives who're 'high risk') but mostly, things are good.

Read on to know what's being going on in my world for the last couple of months ...


Publishing

One of my goals for 2020 was to publish a new novel, and I did it! In July I published LGBTQA romance TRULY, MADLY, DEEPLY. Sales are doing well, though I do want to invest some time and money in advertising. But, other than that, I'm really pleased with the book, and how it's been received by reviewers.

GhostWriting

Ghostwriting is also going really well in 2020. I am receiving regular projects from Hot Ghost Writers, as well as working on two series for two different non-HGW clients. I enjoy ghostwriting so much - I get to flex my creativity, without the worry of marketing, etc. it's a lot of fun, and I hope I continue getting regular work for the rest of 2020, and going into 2021.

Future Plans

Going forwards, I'd like to be able to better divide my time between ghostwriting and my own projects. 

I have tentative plans for a 'TRULY, MADLY, DEEPLY' Christmas novella "sequel" and I also signed up for the Snowy Wings Greek mythology anthology, with the intention of using the story as a lead-in to my YA PNR CUPID, which I plan to release in 2021.

I've also applied to a load of box-sets and anthologies, so hopefully, something comes of that.

I've just taken this past week off as a 'vacation' and I'm itching to get back to writing. While I have some 'work' projects to do, I will also have some time for my own projects, and I'm dying to write. I just don't know what. It would make the most sense to work on one of the above, as I've semi-committed to them, but at the same time, my head is swirling with ideas. Maybe I'll just play around, free write, and see where the muse takes me. :)

That's all for now, so I'll leave it here. But, if you want a more 'personal' update, head over to my DreamWidth blog


T.T.F.N


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this entry, and comment. I really appreciate it.