For one reason or another, I haven't been doing as much reading as I should, and as a writer and publisher that's terrible. So I'm aiming to rectify that in the form of The Girly Geek's Bookish Bingo Challenge 2016.
Here's a summary of the rules:
- There are a total of 35 squares and each features a very different task.
- Complete as many tasks as you can and cross them off as you go.
- Remember, the point of this challenge is NOT to see who can complete the most. It is about your personal reading experience and pushing yourself to explore uncharted territory.
- Sign ups do not close until November 2016, so you can join in any time before that!
- You must make sure you've signed up below and don't forget to share your link in the comments so that others can check out your blog!
- HAVE FUN!
- Remember: you don't even have to get a BINGO! The aim of this challenge is to encourage you to explore reading genres, and some of those may not be included in this card. You do you.
And here are the instructions:
- Download your bingo card, and progress sheet printable below.
- Sign up in the google form below, and declare your participation via twitter, instagram, facebook or a blog post!
- READ, READ, READ, READ, READ!
- Check off the boxes as you go. Remember: one book can apply to only TWO tasks.
- There are five boxes on the bingo card marked with large question marks. These are called 'mystery missions', as you don't know the task under them, they prevent you from attaining those precious 'BINGOs'. One mystery mission will be unveiled on the blog every second month, so keep your eyes open for them!
- At the end of the year, write a wrap up post or share a picture of your progress. There will be a wrap up post on The Girly Geek on December 10th on which you can share your link and have a chat!
- The post will contain a giveaway for $30 worth of chosen books from the Book Depository, and is open INTERNATIONALLY! Please note, the winner is chosen at random and the number of tasks you completed does not at all affect your entry.
This seems like the perfect way to read some new books, and push myself outside of my reading comfort zone.
I'm going to start today, and have picked a box at random. I got:
10. A book that is being made into a movie, and I'm choosing Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, as I've seen a lot of talk about the movie on Tumblr recently, and Eva Green has been cast as Miss Peregrine.
I'll update when I've finished the book!
Let me know if you're taking part, too, and we can cheer each other on and compare books!