Moving on to the Home Stretch

So, if you've been taking note of my word count bar to the left of the main blog, you'll see I beat my January target ... by a lot.

Though I didn't meet my secondary goal of doubling my January target. I did however manage to write 30, 013 words in the thirteen days of January that I wrote on. Not bad, eh?!

My over-all novel word count is now 84,728!!

I'm having mixed feeling on what I want to do now. A HUGE part of me doesn't want to lose this momentum. I'd estimate I'm about 15k off completing the story and I really want to get it finished by the end of February.

However, another side of me doesn't want to burn out, and I feel like I need some time off writing to do other things. I have a Dragon Age fanfic I need to complete by the end of February, too, for a fest I signed up for on LifeJournal. And, the other night when I couldn't sleep, my brain was over-taken by the idea for a wrestling fic. I kind of want to do these less pressured writing things for a while, to give myself a break. Plus there's some books I want to read, and games I want to play.

Additionally there's the two blog fests I've put my name down for. Though those will become part of Sibylline Nights, I'm sure. 

I think I'm still going to aim to get Sibylline Nights finished for the end of February, but I'm not going to be strict in about my daily word-count goals, like I was in January, where I got annoyed with myself if I didn't write 1000 words every day. If I write 5000 words one day, and then non the next, that's fine and I shouldn't feel guilty about taking time off from writing.

Especially not when so much is going on at home.

I guess I'm rambling, but I just wanted to share my thoughts about word count goals etc. and state that my goal for February is to finish Sibylline Nights, but without forcing myself to write EVERY day.

I will try to keep up with the blog though, and post at least once a week.

Thanks for reading, and the continued support.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the progress! Thanks for signing up and posting about the Valentine's day bloghop! I look forward to reading your scene :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did amazingly well to write so much more than your goal, so you deserve a bit of a break!

    Even if you are working on fanfic for a while, you're still writing, and it's still experience. Pressuring yourself will only ensure you never get it done, so I think it's a good idea to cut yourself a little slack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the words of encouragement, Hope and Kyra.

    Hope, I'm really looking forwards to the Valentine's day bloghop, and can't wait to share my scene.

    Kyra, you know, I've taken a two day break and now I'm itching to get back into it. I've got some very important scenes coming up that I can't wait to write.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this entry, and comment. I really appreciate it.